The Shoprite Act For Change Fund, boosted by the Shoprite Group’s own R1m initial donation, will be using funds donated by the public to support vetted organisations involved in relief efforts to help SA communities rebuild after the devastating effects of the recent unrest, vandalism and arson in the country.
The Group manages the fund on behalf of its customers and makes sure the funds collected go to organisations working directly on relief efforts in the areas that need it most.
Customers can add a contribution to their purchases at Shoprite, Checkers and Usave till points nationwide.
The Group also makes it easy to help individuals that have been left in need by the unrest. Anyone, in South Africa or outside, can send virtual vouchers to family and friends in need by buying vouchers, which are sent directly to their phones, and can be spent on groceries at Shoprite, Checkers and Usave stores nationwide.
The virtual vouchers, that can be safely bought in just a few easy steps, are sent via SMS to a recipient’s mobile phone within an hour of placing the order. They can be redeemed immediately once received.
In addition to virtual vouchers, customers can also send money to recipients without bank accounts at Money Market counters in selected Shoprite, Checkers and Usave stores,
The Shoprite Group has always been committed to supporting communities in need and has been directing funds collected by the Act For Change Fund to communities affected by challenges such as drought, floods and Covid-19 since 2016.
To donate to the Act for Change Fund:
• Simply donate at any till point nationwide.
To send a virtual voucher:
• Go to www.computicket.com to buy a voucher.
• The virtual voucher can only be used in-store by entering the voucher number into the pin pad at check out.
• Vouchers can only be redeemed once and no change is given if the purchase value is less than the voucher value. The remaining value will be loaded onto a gift card.
• Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Vouchers are valid for three years.