This conference in partnership with Trade Intelligence, will take place in an innovative digital format. Live sessions will be scheduled throughout the week of 19-23 October. Should you not be able to attend the events live, full recorded packages will be available.
The urgency with which retailers need to adapt to the new normal cannot be downplayed. The sector remains one of the most dynamic and diverse in our economy.
Its health has a significant impact on the country’s overall economic well-being. Facing a weak economy, unemployment and low-income growth, what are the strategic options for the sector?
• Leading Retail: A High Level Industry View;
• Changing Business Models in Retail- Newcomers to the Industry Disrupting the Norm;
• Informal Markets and Township Retail;
• Meet the Landlords: Enticing Customers Back, Creating Experiential Malls and a Varied Tenant Mix Post Covid; and
• Understanding Customer Trends and Shopper Behaviour Post-Covid
Click here for programme: https://www.gibs.co.za/Brochures/retail-conference-2020-programme-outline_wip-(011).pdf
Speakers confirmed to date:
• Graham O’Conner, Group CEO of The Spar Group Ltd;
• Setjhaba Makhatho, Director of BiBi Cash n Carry;
• Richard Mukheibir, CEO of Cash Converters Southern Africa;
• Mike Smollan, Chief Growth and Innovation Officer of Smollan Group;
• Natasha Smith, MD of Trade Intelligence;
• David Torr, CEO of UCook;
• Sipho Vuso Majija, Director of Fortress REIT Property Portfolio;
• Paul Cook, CEO of Faithful to Nature and founder and MD of Silvertree Holdings;
• Lynton Peters, CEO of OneCart;
• Jessica Boonstra, founder and CEO of Yebo Fresh;
• Sakhile Maseko, founder and CEO of Aumax;
• Laurence Rapp, CEO of Vukile Property Fund;
• GG Alcock, author of KasiNomics and Kasinomic Revolution;
• Dirk N. Prinsloo, MD of Urban Studies;
• Jonathan Sinden, COO of Liberty Two Degrees;
• Kerry Elliot, Head of School of Retail at Trade Intelligence;
• Tumelo Chaka, Head Sales: Forex and Investments at Nedbank;
• Andrea du Plessis, Retail Analyst at Trade Intelligence; and
• Yongama Njisane, Principal Economist and Technical Committee head of the Retail Inquiry at the Competition Commission.
Date: Monday, 19 October – Friday, 23 October 2020
Bookings: To book visit: https://www.gibs.co.za/courses/short/Pages/online-gibs-trade-intelligence-future-of-retail-conference.aspx or contact Belinda Boxall for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org