This new Festool drilling masterpiece has to be one of the best cordless hammer drilling machines available today with all its unique attachments that do it all.
Developed according to its own laws Ergonomically C-shaped and balanced weight distribution for greater ease-of-use at work. The integrated EC-TEC motor technology provides optimum performance thanks to high efficiency. Vibration damping absorbs impact energy before it is transferred to your hand. The new BHC 18 hammer drill is the lightest in its class – with compact design and optimum weight distribution. It is a real powerhouse machine, with its impressive efficiency and the best power-to-weight ratio in the 18 V category. Designed for maximum working comfort in all work situations
It comes with the Festool Brushless EC-TEC motor that has integrated motor management for long service life and high output. This drill uses top-quality lithium-ion battery technology for the longest sustained usage. The combination of brushless EC-TEC drive and integrated motor management produces an extraordinarily high impact energy that can penetrate any concrete quickly and powerfully.
Its main applications are for drilling holes with pneumatic stop for dowels up to 18 mm in concrete, stone and masonry. Weighing only 2.6 kg and with excellent balance, it is ideally suited for continuous use for interior fittings, assembly and for securing thermal insulation composite systems. Drilling and fastening without hammer impact, such as spot drilling tiles. Electrical socket cutting up to Ø 68 mm in lime sand brick and masonry
Technical advanced battery power
The combination of the high-quality 18 V Li-ion AIRSTREAM battery packs and brushless EC-TEC motor with integrated motor management achieves maximum performance. The new Festool Li-ion 5.2 Ah battery pack with AIRSTREAM technology guarantees faster re-use of battery packs and thus guarantees interruption-free work – even for energy-intensive applications such as sawing. This is because the new battery packs have an integrated cooling duct, thanks to which the cooling time and, as a result, the entire charging process can be reduced by up to 65% in combination with the new SCA 8 rapid charger. Furthermore, they are extremely robust with an integrated rubber frame to protect the workpiece and the battery pack and, thanks to the charge indicator, you can always clearly see how much charge is left in the battery. The 5.2 Ah lithium-ion battery packs in the BHC 18 can be used in all cordless devices in the same class. And vice versa.
1. Automatic LED lighting when operating the main switch for precision even in dark corners.
2. Ergonomic grips with a second hand on the tool using the additional handle.
3. Dust-free, residue-free drilling with a secure hold: Thanks to the drill dust nozzle and the patented dual-chamber system, drilling holes up to a maximum diameter of 12 mm in floors, walls and ceilings is effortless. A flexible joint piece ensures the optimum hose position and the foam rubber pad provides a secure hold even on uneven surfaces.
4. Electronic speed control for adjusting to all types of materials.
5. The EC-TEC drive concept generates an extraordinary amount of power while consuming extremely low amounts of energy.
6. Mechanical sliding clutch provides protection if the tool suddenly seizes or tilts.
7. Impact stop allows manual deactivation of the impact function when drilling into wood or brittle materials.
For more information about the unique Festool products contact Vermont Sales on 0113147711 or visit their web site www.vermontsales.co.za Festool is available from leading specialist outlets country wide for information on your nearest outlet call Vermont Sales, or go to www.festool.co.za and click on dealers.
Trade enquiries welcome.