Checkers’ popular Odd Bins range of wine has won nine awards – including two Double Gold, six Gold and one Silver – at the recent 2021 Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards, confirming Checkers’ status as a purveyor of unique, South African wines of outstanding quality.
Exclusive to Checkers, the Odd Bins collection consists of limited edition vintages from local wine estates. Carefully selected and given a unique bin number, the original label is kept secret to ensure the wine remains both affordable and accessible – offering the best value and selection without compromising on quality for the past 25 years.
Each Odd Bins wine is unique and once the bin is sold out, the number is never repeated so there is always something new to try.
The award-winning Odd Bins wines are:
• Odd Bins 307: Chardonnay – Double Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 621: Shiraz – Double Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 42: Méthode Cap Classique Demi-Sec Rosé – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 129: Chenin Blanc – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 37: Méthode Cap Classique Brut – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 40: Méthode Cap Classique Brut Rosé – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 84: Rosé – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 718: 2020 Pinotage – Gold Medal
• Odd Bins 978: Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot blend – Silver Medal
These award-winning wines are available in limited quantities, so consumers are encouraged to stock up when they come across these favourites.
About the Michelangelo Awards:
The Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards was established in 1997 as the only international wine competition in South Africa and gives local and international wines the opportunity of being judges by a panel of acclaimed wine experts.