Leaders in DIY and home improvements, Builders, have extended their offering to now include services such as money transfers, insurance and municipality bill payments, buying gas, vouchers, and other home improvement credit solutions.
Over the years, South African retailers have expanded their offerings to more than just facilitating the purchase of products or services that they offer.
Today, customers have access to a multitude of additional services that add value to their overall shopping experience. Benefit programs and till point services have now extended and are rising in popularity due to their nature of helping customers do more ‘life-admin’, which ultimately saves them time.
“At Builders we pride ourselves in being able to give our customers peace of mind. This is not only done through our extensive building and DIY product ranges and departments but also through innovation in our service offerings” informs Janet Booysen, head of marketing at Builders.
“This year we’ve upped our value-added services, enabling customers to save time by doing everything they would normally do at a number of outlets, all at once at Builders store tills” Booysen announces.
For the customer, the benefit of paying for these services as a one stop shop at Builders is not just convenience, but also gives them the ability to earn points on their loyalty cards.
These services include:
● Travel: Planning to travel post the Covid-19 third wave? Customers can now purchase airline and bus tickets at the Money Centre counter in-store. These include air and road carriers such FlySafair and Intercape with more travel partners coming soon.
● Bill payments: Customers can now pay accounts, various municipal bills and traffic fines at any of the Builders till points or Money Centres. The accounts include DStv, Eskom and Home Choice amongst others.
● Gift cards and content cards: The Builders gift card can be purchased online or in-store and can be used to load a certain value for personal use or for gifting.
Customers can check and top up the balance whenever they want. Builders also has a wide variety of prepaid lifestyle vouchers available for purchase, from Netflix to Showmax and many more.
● Money Transfers: Send and receive up to R5000 using Standard Bank Instant Money or Absa at any participating Builders store.
● Prepaid utilities: Over and above paying for water and electricity, customers can also purchase and refill their gas cylinders at their nearest Builders store.
● iKhokha Devices – For the small business owners wanting to expand their payment options from cash only or EFT, to allow for card payment for their customers, Builders has a variety of iKhokha devices for every budget available for sale online.
Value-added services can make the difference when it comes to saving time and streamlining your shopping experience. They represent the added convenience that customers can look forward to when visiting their nearest Builders store.
All these services are available at till points and Money Centres at all Builders stores or online making them accessible to all customers.