The winners of the 2021 South African Loyalty Awards were announced during the Truth Leaders in Loyalty online summit on Wednesday, 17 November.
The awards initiated by Truth, a South African loyalty and CRM consultancy based in Cape Town, were developed with the aim of recognising loyalty excellence and showcasing South Africa’s best programmes, loyalty innovations, data applications and loyalty / CRM campaigns.
The 2021 awards ceremony marked the third year of the event.
In total, 12 categories were identified (this number was increased from last year’s 10 featured categories). Entries were evaluated through a robust judging process by a well-established judging committee, made up of 11 experienced loyalty and CRM professionals around the globe.
Each entry was assessed against stringent criteria, measuring how loyalty and CRM excellence can drive commercial results and greater customer experiences.
The headline awards ‘Best programme of the year’ were awarded to six major industry sector leaders across retail, financial services, restaurant/QSR, B2B, Newcomer and ‘Open’ for running the best programme in their sector with outstanding performance results and overall customer loyalty experience.
- Best loyalty programme of the year: Retail – Checkers
- Best loyalty programme of the year: Financial Services – eBucks
- Best loyalty programme of the year: Restaurant/QSR – Kauai
- Best loyalty programme of the year: B2B – Hollard Trucking
- Best loyalty programme of the year: Newcomer – Shoprite
- Best loyalty programme of the year: Open – MySchool My Village My Planet
eBucks, Kauai and MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet won the best programme of the year, in their respective categories, for the third year running.
Additional loyalty awards were also presented to recognise loyalty excellence across analytics/CRM, innovation in technology, best technology vendor, best loyalty agency of the year, best loyalty marketing campaign, and best environmental campaign.
- Best loyalty agency/marketing(marketing/rewards): Achievements Awards Group
- Best loyalty technology vendor: V&S innovations
- Best short-term loyalty marketing campaign: TFGrewards
- Best strategic use of data analytics/CRM applications: Checkers (This marks two overall wins for the retailer this year)
- Most innovative use of technology for loyalty: eBucks (This marks two overall wins for the multichannel platform this year)
- Best loyalty community or environmental initiative/campaign: MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet (This marks two overall wins for the fundraising programme this year)
The 2021 South African Loyalty Awards have proven that South Africa is at the forefront of innovation when it comes to loyalty and it’s great to see newcomer and emerging leader in loyalty, Shoprite thrive as it snaps up a well-deserved win.
The 2022 Loyalty Awards dates have been set with entries opening on 4 February 2021 and closing 30 June 2022. Winners to be announced in October/November 2021.
Full Winners’ Report: https://truth.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a0cb3272bfcdf77b7e13e54c3&id=26229e1cdb&e=474554abff